The Bootcamp - E1

Posted by Syarif | Posted in | Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010

These pass few days I have joined a fitness program under the banner of 'The Original Bootcamp'. Seriously, it's no fun at all.

Well it started roughly a week ago where myself and Alice had to wake up around 5am to arrive at Padang Utara, PJ before 5.45am. It wasn't an easy thing for me particularly, as I just a loooooong weekend before that, and my standard sleeping time was 9am.

But I forced myself to sleep.

Then comes the day.

Started with a simple roll-call, the 10 minute warm up session told me everything: this thing ain't gonna be easy mate!

To keep my cool (and arrogance; for that matter) I braved myself for the second session- a fitness test.

With push ups, grunts and sit ups, plus 400 metres round, for three rounds, it's easier said than done.

I'm lost for words to say how grueling it was for me that morning, but let's just say I have befriended with people with various ethnic background, and they all have taught me nasty words in their languages. I chanted them all.

After all that, it's the 1-mile run. Sounds ok in my full energy, but that morning it took me more than 15 bloody minutes. Damn!

But anyway, after that, the session was ended, with muscles all over my body aching like hell.

That night, I was seriously considering on going for the second day...

That, I shall regail later.

Alice seems high spirited in continuing the course- perhaps until she got her desired weight. Seriously, I wish I got the same enthusiasm.

Somehow the roll calls and the scream of encouragement reminded me a lot to scout roll call days.

And also The Biggest Loser show on telly.

Either which, it's not the most cheerful situation I had in mind.

Aiyyy... There's another session coming up in 6 hours, and I have 5 hours of sleep more.

I'm wide awake. Darn!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

Comments Posted (0)