Killing the messenger

Posted by Syarif | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I woke up this morning with not so high spirit; as I know I'm gonna get tired for the OBC. But it was lifted to a great extend just after the warm up session, as (as usual) we need to do grunts as penalty for the AWOLs. Somehow I managed to do 20 without the need for the 5 second break. Maybe it didn't sound much, but it was a great feat for me.

And the morning got better as I took a light breakfast, good coffee and arrived to work early. Cracked a lot of jokes the minute the clock turns 9, and seriously, I really felt like a million bucks.

But all that turned into despair when I heard the bloody news towards lunch time. Well, to save everyone's breath in this story, let's just say that it's involving money and budget from all sides.

I have tried for the past years to save on the expenses of ALL departments. Proposal after proposal after proposal have been submitted. All were accepted, but never executed.

But now when the finance screams that less expenses must be made in order for us to sustain in the next 5 years, all eyes were on me.

The worst part is, they were talking behind my back (as per what my informant told me), that I have done a terrible job in managing all that.

Hey! I'm just the messenger. I proposed, but things were never executed. What can I do? I'm just delivering the information la!

Well, I guess it's human nature. We've seen in all cultures and we've seen in a lot of movies (i.e 300, The Gladiator and even LOTR 3) that all messengers were killed.

And don't get me started on what are they saying about my life behind me. Yes, I'm not a good man. And not the best Muslim in the world, but hey, who do you look up for when you need something to be done? Bloody hell it's me! ME!

And I'm always glad to do it.

Haih... No point already. Things had happened. What can I do?

Perhaps just go with the flow.

Perhaps.



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

Comments Posted (0)