The Great Syarif Dream

Posted by Syarif | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Since I was 16, I had this vision that one day I would be living a dream life.

With an arsenal of automobile along with an array of bikes, I would be living in an ultra-modern country house somewhere inside the woods but have the most amazing sea view.

I would have an amazing wife whom during a PTA meeting every mother would envy and every father would want. Yeah, I don't mind that since I'd be the dude that every father would envy and every mother and teacher would want (face it, there are like only 6 male teachers in Malaysia).

I'm not planning to be a lazy bum despite the money and power. Though I have this desire to become a politician, but with that status I could actually be The Godfather, The Don, The Boss. I'll build an empire of niche business like button making or needle manufacturing and just rule everyone through my small yet important product. Apart from that, I'll establish my own chain of cafe and serve to the world the true meaning of food, drink and merry making.

Ahh... That's a fine life. I'll wake up in the weekend, have brunch in Tokyo and dinner in Turkey. My vacation would be in a private island where I could actually go out naked without any soul noticing. In the end of the day, I'll be 45 and still can afford myself well enough to act 20 years younger.

But...

Reality check...

It has been more than 10 years, and I'm not living that life. The truth is, it's quite the opposite.

Every night I beat myself up, trying day in day out to strive for that dream. I work for almost 12 hours a day, and pushing myself to the limit.

Perhaps in terms of salary and experience, I'm one of the most advanced among people my age, and to a certain extend even those who are 10 years older than me. But, I'm not having a wonderful life. There are always a burden attached to my shoulders. The constant pain just wouldn't fly off, and it seriously pushing me down.

I just need to be heard now. I just want things to change. Seriously I don't mind working for it. But I'm asking that there's a clear path being showed to me to the goal.

I've been walking in darkness, just stepping in things that I don't know. I need a guidance.

Hopefully I'll be heard, so that someday I'd be living The Great Syarif Dream.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

Comments Posted (0)